Step 1 - Download the installer from the link provided in the Licensing Email
Step 2 - Run the setup as Admin and hit "Next"
- After the installation is done, you will see the Installation Complete notification as below. Hit “Close”. Now you should have the shortcuts for akaBot Studio & Agent successful present on the desktop.
Step 3: Install web extension (Optional)
- Open Extensions page on your web browser. E.g. Chrome
- Next, turn on Developer Mode and click "Load Package"
- Browse to akaBot BrowerExtentsions folder in C:\Program Files or x86\FPT Software\akaBot Platform\akaBot\BrowserExtensions. Then click Select Folder
- If you see this confirmation prompt, you have successfully installed akaBot Web Extension.
- akaBot Center requires some additional programs such as:
- JAVA JDK 8
- MySQL Community Server
- Apache Active Message Queue
Step 1 - Kindly download Java SE at JAVA SE
Step 2 - From the Java SE Development Kit, download the version for your Operating System
Step 3 - Accept Oracle License Agreement and click "Download".
After that, you will be re-directed to the Oracle website. Kindly login Oracle account to start the download. If you don't have one, please create a new one.
Step 4 - Run the installer you have downloaded and Run as Admin. After that, click "Next" to proceed
- After Installation is complete, you will see the Complete Notification as below. Simply click “Close”. You have successfully installed JDK
Step 1 - Kindly download at MySQL 8.0
Step 2 - Run the installer and choose Custom option
- To run akaBot Center, you will need MySQL Server and MySQL Workbench.
+ MySQL Servers > MySQL Server, choose the newest for MySQL Server
+ Application > MySQL Workbench, choose the newest version for MySQL Workbench
- After that, kindly click Execute and hit Next,.....
- When you at the Accounts and Roles page, it is recommended you set it to the default password ”[email protected]” to avoid having to update Config file later. Click “Next"
- Click "Execute" and wait till everything is finished. Click “Finish”
- If you see this prompt, we have successfully finished installation. Click “Finish”.
Step 3 - Setup MYSQL account to enable remote connection
- Open MySQL Workbench. Go to “Local instance”. You will see a “Connect to MySQL Server” prompt. Enter the password for root account, which you have set before
If “aka_orchestrator” database has not been created, create it as follows:
- Create a new schema
- Input Schema Information as below:
+ Name: aka_orchestrator
+ Charset/Collation: utf8 ; utf8_general_ci
- Hit “Apply”.
- “Apply SQL Script to Database” dialog will show up. Click “Apply”.
- Click “Finish
Step 4 - Test MySQL from remote client using MySQL Workbench
- Click the “Add Connection” button (see picture below) to open “Setup New Connection” window
- Next, create a Connection Name and enter your Username and then click Test Connection
Step 1 - Kindly download at Tomcat 8.5Choose the appropriate installer for your operating system (x64 or x86)
Step 2 - Run the installer you have downloaded. Make sure you Run as Admin
- Click “I Agree” and "Next"
- Leave all fields as Default. Click “Next” and "Finish"
Step 1 - Kindly download at ActiveMQ version 5.15.1
Step 2 - Unzip and open "BIN"
- Depending on your current OS, open “WIN32” or “WIN64”.
- Right click on “InstallService.Bat” and select “Run as administrator”.
Step 3 - Press Windows + R key and type “services.msc”. Hit “OK"
- Click on “ActiveMQ” (1). You will see the “ActiveMQ Properties” prompt show up. Click “Start” (2)
- Navigate to URL: http://localhost:8161/
- If needed, enter the default credential as below
+ Username: admin
+ Password: admin
- If you see the result as below, you have successfully installed ActiveMQ.
Step 1 - You should already have “aka_orchestrator” database
Step 2 - Acquired CENTER installation package from the Licensing Email. This package contains one .war file (E.g: “akaBot-center-22.214.171.124.war”). Rename this file to “ROOT.war”.
Step 3 - Stop TOMCAT in Windows Services
Step 4 - Locate: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps directory and remove everything in this folder. And then, copy root.war file to this directory.
Step 5 - Start Tomcat to unzip rootwar file and Stop the service again
Step 6 - Update credentials information
- Go back to Tomcat 8.5/webApps. You should see the ROOT folder already unzipped.
- Go to ROOT > WEB-INF > classes > config. You will need to update information into 2 files: “application-prod.yml” and “application-dev.yml”.
In each file, update the following information. Make sure you change for both files.
Data Credentials: If you use the default Credentials (root / [email protected]), you will not have to update this.
Database URL: Change the initial part of the URL (See Picture below). It should be
[IP Address of the machine with akaBot Center]:3306/[Database Name].
For example: if your Machine’s IP Address is 10.16.20.16, Database Name is aka_orchestrator, then the Database URL should be changed to jdbc:mysql:// 10.16.20.16:3306/aka_orchestrator/...
Step 7 - Start Tomcat again
Step 8 - Open your browser and navigate to : http://localhost:8080/#/ . If you are using a different machine (not the machine where Center is installed), replace “localhost” with the Center Machine’s IP address.
- Enter your account to access CENTER
+ Username: admin
+ Password: admin
- If you log in successfully, you have successfully installed akaBot Center.
Note: Just to make sure your port is open, we can use Telnet command to check.
For example, to verify connection to 192.168.0.10 on port 25, issue the command:
- telnet 192.168.0.10 25
If the connection succeeds, a blank screen will show up, meaning that the computer port is open.
A failed connection will be accompanied by an error message. It can indicate either a closed port or the fact that the indicated remote server is not listening on the provided port.
Example: telnet localhost 8080
1. Contact IT department and request to open port.
2. Open port in Windows Firewall settings.
Updated 4 months ago